Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fear Blog

When I was little and it was just me and my mom living in a apartment I was deathly afraid to sleep by myself. I would go lay in my bed but i would see shadows through the window and think that there were monsters that were out to get me. i would also think that there was a monster in my closet that was waiting for me to fall asleep so he could eat me. I would wait for my mom to go to bed then I would get up and knock on her door and say "mom,mom,mom" until she got up and opened door to let me go sleep in her bed. I wasn't always able to do this and when I could'nt I would sleep outside of her door thinking that there was no way that a monster could get me when I was that close to my mom.
This Relates to kids on the island, that they are afraid of things that dont exist and that the "beastie" is prowling around just waiting to eat them . This is all in their heads and their imagination just the same as it was for me when i was a little kid.

1 comment:

  1. Great story. There's no doubt that proximity to parents is a factor for the boys, as your entry makes clear from personal experience. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete